Management of census, transparency and complaints processes
Intesa Sanpaolo is the banking group that arose from the merger of Banca Intesa and Sanpaolo IMI, two leading Italian banking groups characterized by common values. They came together to expand in order to serve families better and to contribute further to the growth of enterprises and the development of Italy.
The group offers its services to 11.1 million customers through a network of approximately 4,400 branches throughout the country. Its market share is no less than 13% in most regions of Italy.
The 2011 business plan objectives included greater efficiency and operational effectiveness. How could these be achieved on the field?
In 2011, INTESA SANPAOLO decided to put our DataPicker technology to the test and use it to integrate the management functions that are "hidden" to the user and exploit the multiple benefits offered by the PRB environment to the full:
- Modular banking services offer
- Customer census
DataPicker manages all the working stages:
- It integrates the internal rules and reference forms
- It automates many manual tasks
- It gathers all the processed documents into a digital dossier
- It manages contracts in compliance with the principle of "dematerialization”
PRB is running a new experiment:
- On the BANKING TRANSPARENCY processes. There was a serious risk of misalignment between the information published on the contract documents and the information published through the various bank information channels owing to a manual input procedure.
- On the WRITTEN COMPLAINT HANDLING PROCESS. These undergo several processing stages and are subject to CONSOB (Italian Securities and Exchange Commission) regulations concerning response times.
There were benefits for each modular banking service application (opening a current account with debit card and online banking):
- BEFORE: 45.5 minutes and 84 sheets of paper used.
- AFTER: 16.5 minutes and 54 sheet of paper used.
- SAVINGS: 64% in time and 36% in paper.